Thursday, June 24, 2010

Champagne, Sherry and Happy Anniversary!

This is not really a new recipe post, but more of a re-test of a sauce I already posted on, and I wanted to bring its deliciousness to the forefront again! As some may know, last Monday was our 2nd wedding anniversary, and I was under the impression that my husband was not going to be home until Tuesday, as he has been down in the Gulf working with the oil spill relief project. Low and behold that sneaky fella actually booked a flight home for the actual night of our anniversary! Needless to say, I was very surprised (and in the midst of painting my toenails in my pajamas) when he came through the door, but beyond thrilled to see him. We relaxed Monday night, and Tuesday I cooked him a big anniversary dinner and we relaxed all night with champagne, tasty food and each other.

 I first made this Garlic Sherry Brown Butter Sauce when I did pan seared lamb chops when my mother was visiting and absolutely loved it, as did she! I had purchased some fabulous filet mignons at the store and had a good feeling about the pairing. Not to toot my own horn, but it was wonderful! The delicate & buttery texture of the filet with the warm Brown Butter Sauce were a perfect pairing, and Sherry played beautifully off of both the champagne and the mushroom risotto served on the side (which also acted as a great vessel for sopping up any remaining sauce!). After making this sauce a few times, I am confident I will make it again and again- it is elegant, simple and comes together quickly for a lovely accompaniment to any good cut of meat, be it filet of beef, lamb, veal, buffalo or even a meaty fish such as swordfish or halibut!

Garlic Sherry Brown Butter Sauce
(follow same directions recommended for lamb for cooking any red meat)

1 comment: