Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Green Up!

Making changes to live a more environmentally friendly life has become more and more easy in recent years. A while back, a friend sent me a link to the Reusable Bags website (http://www.reusablebags.com/), and making good on part of my 2010 goals, I ordered some new reusable produce bags. Previously, I had the classic linen style produce bags, which were great, but I always found myself repeatedly having to open them to check the contents while pulling veggies out of the fridge. In addition, they were a pain @ the checkout as you couldn't see the prices, and as a result, they have been relegated to other storage duties around the house. 
On a whim, I ordered the Flip & Tumble mesh produce bags, and I honestly could not be happier! For about eleven bucks, you get five bags, each with a different colored tag, and all big enough to accomodate almost any produce. The drawstring tops are easy to secure with a slipknot so you don't lose any of your goodies, the mesh is see thru enough for both cashiers to see prices and quick identification in the fridge. As an added bonus, the mesh design enables you to wash your produce right in the bag, and hang to dry by the drawstring. They're also great for using as a lunch bag or transporting pretty much anything, and I'm actually considering getting another set to keep in my glovebox so I don't have to worry about forgetting them if I have to make a quick store run. Not to mention, I think they are cute! I'm looking forward to seeing how long they last, but their construction seems quite sturdy, so I'm confident they'll make a run for it.
So if you're looking for a simple way to green up your grocery run, I would highly reccomend the Flip & Tumble produce bags. They're price savy, have sturdy construction, and are a GREAT way to eliminate using those awful plastic produce bags! This discussion begs the question- what are you doing to green up your lifestyle?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely will have to check them out! In case anyone gets their veggies with the plastic bag, reuse the bag for other purposes, such as kitty or doggie waste. Those bags can be just the right size!

    ReplyDelete