Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Time Has Come

...for me to finally start my attempt at a cooking blog! I know that everyone with a stand mixer and a copy of The Joy of Cooking or Mastering the Art of French Cooking has now decided that they are the next culinary star, but I figure what the hell- I'll throw my hat into the ring. That being said, I severely doubt that this will make me any more famous than I already am (it is already proving difficult to manage my full-time career as a local celebrity), but I am hoping that it will help me focus all of the recipes and tasty ideas that I have swimming around in my brain. It's worth noting now that I am not a huge exact recipe gal (except in the realm of baking, which in all honesty gives me the stink eye a little bit), so these are in no way perfect recipes, but more like culinary adventures. And if nothing else, I'll be able to get these all down into one place for my own references. And hey, if someone ends up actually reading this and making something delicious, even better! So welcome, come on in, pour a glass of wine (Malbec's on the counter, Sauv is in the fridge door) and pull up a seat at my makeshift island- here's what I have to offer you...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! I am so impressed. For day 1 of this blog you have done a lot....pictures too!! Can't wait to try some of the recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Meche! And thanks for following, makes me feel relevant. :-) Maybe I should start publishing the boys beer recipes???

    ReplyDelete